Saturday, December 04, 2021

Done and Blocked

Alex brought in my Inclinations Shawl yesterday. It’s blocked and the ends are sewn in. Thank you Alex. Now that it is finished and I have had it on I am ready to start another. 
Many have commented that once the shawl is blocked it grows and mine did.
If you aren’t familiar with the pattern, the shawl is designed by Andrea Mowry. You can purchase it on her website. I used Dream State from Spincycle Yarns. This is the Purples kit.

From Andrea
This shawl is all about texture, squish and the movement of color. Watching the colors move and change was mesmerizing, and I finished the shawl long before I was ready to, because I just could not set it down! You can absolutely play with different color options, and I share some ideas in the pattern, but don’t be afraid to make it your own! Knit it in 1 color or 6! Use up some stash, colorblock or stripe! It is knit flat, sideways, with increasing along one edge to create an asymmetrical triangle.

I am in total agreement with Andrea. I loved seeing the colours change. The pattern is very easy - I would recommend it for a beginner as well as advanced knitters.  

It is supposed to be Matching Shirts Tuesday but this week it was Friday. Beth sent me this picture from the office.

We’re still washing dishes. It’s my job to pick out a new dishwasher. I know what I want - now I need to go buy it.
There were a lot of dishes because it was cupcake night. Dad had fun!

She is asleep. I had to wake her to move her head so that I could sit down. She is a dog of comfort. Unfortunately Jackson has many of her traits. We love Lucy but she is stubborn. And she can be very lazy when she wants to be.

No comments: