Thursday, June 17, 2021

Squares

It’s a big sports weekend between hockey, baseball and golf. I decided that my Brioche should wait until next week when I can pay more attention. What should I work on? How about squares for my Log Cabin Afghan? 
These are the squares that I have so far. Yes, two are already on needles but I started in the store yesterday so that meant a new ball.

This is the Log Cabin afghan that I’ve already knit. It is a great project for traveling. If you’re driving back and forth to the cottage (okay, if you’re the passenger) this is the project for you. I used the Paint Box Log Cabin Afghan pattern from Ravelry. You need to read through to find how many stitches to cast on. If you purchase the yarn from us I have some notes to help with how many stitches to pick up each side.

There are many, many Log Cabin afghan patterns available. This just happened to be the one that I chose. I loved the finished afghan when I saw the picture.

One ball of Noro Kureyon will make a square. We just received colours today and we will have 2 more coming next week - 170 and 332. My afghan took 20 balls. 

This is Cathy’s masterpiece. She made 25 squares for hers.



Don’t get too caught up when picking colours. They all knit up beautifully. If you need help send me an email. There will be more colours coming in August so you can pick 10 now to start and add when the new ones arrive. Here are a few that are coming.







We are expecting a new sock yarn from Arne & Carlos next week.

The Lofoten Islands, part of an archipelago in the Norwegian Sea beyond the Arctic Circle, are considered the most beautiful place in Scandinavia. The grand scale of nature, a breathtaking landscape and ever-changing contrasts inspired ARNE & CARLOS to create unique color combinations.









I’m going to put my feet up and knit for a while. Thank you to everyone who read the email newsletters and placed an order. I was really busy shipping today. Almost all the boxes went out. If you did an order for curbside pick up you will be receiving an email tomorrow that it will be ready to pick up on Saturday.

No comments: