Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Winter

It’s always a happy day when Canpar Nick knocks on the door. We have a new yarn.

Kid Seta Color is a luxurious blend of very fine Super-Kid Mohair and Silk that has been dyed in long tranasitions of beautiful colour. Use it on its own for lightweight garments and accessories, or knit it with another yarn for thick, warm sweaters!

The yarn is available online.


Years ago Churchmouse Yarns brought out a pattern called the Colorplay Mohair Wrap. I knit many of them. They were knit in Rowan’s Kidsilk Haze Stripe which is no longer available. When I saw the Kid Seta Color the first thing I thought of was the wrap. Now I can knit another one. The original wrap was 4 colours. You can put together any 4 of the Kid Seta Color and you would have a stunning shawl.

While I was thinking about colour, I put together some colours for the Painting Waves Shawl.
I wasn’t sure which colour I liked better for the stripes - tosh merino light in Wino Forever (left) or Prairie Fire (right)
The Minikins are Metropolis, Wildflower, Fuchsia, Lipstick, Dirty Hippie, Orange Crush, Vitamin C and Vamp.
If you don’t want to play with Minikins, you could use a Yarn Bomb. It is the same yarn as the Minikins, just a lot longer ball. I paired Blue Velvet with Wino Forever and Prairie Fire.
I could have done more but my plan was to be out of the store at 2pm and it was almost 3:30 when I left. I have piles of packing slips in front of me and I should be updating the website but I’m going to save that for tomorrow.
This is another brand new magazine from Kim Hargreaves. Two in one shipment is very exciting!





Someone got a new toy today.


No comments: