Thursday, January 14, 2021

Squishy

Ambah O’Brien has a new pattern - the Kentia Cowl.
Knit yourself a gorgeous mosaic cowl and try to stop at just one. A fun introduction to mosaic knitting, this really is so much simpler than it looks. Unlike stranded colourwork, only one colour is worked per round, and stitches are slipped to create texture and pattern. Take it further by playing with colour in your project. This is a fun way to use up those small yarn leftovers and explore your own creativity, then whip up another to gift someone special. The Kentia Cowl works up quickly and is finished off with i-cord edging and a neat i-cord seam transforming it to a tube.

I put together some colour combinations this afternoon - they are at the end of the post. Blogger has been testing me today so I don’t want to mess with the post that I started in the store. 



This morning I almost tripped over a box and when I looked inside there were kits for the 21 Color Slouch. Lynn packed them away because there were enough kits on the shelf and then we forgot about them. The kits are available online again.

Knit in all 21 introductory Woolstok colors, this striped slouch hat is light enough to be worn in any season. As fun to knit as it is to wear.



I also found more Squishy Skeinettes from Anzula. These are fingering weight yarn so they are perfect for socks. The yarn is 80% Superwash Merino, 10% Cashmere and 10% Nylon. 

Back to the Kentia Cowl. Ambah used a skein of worsted weight and a skein of Dream State for her cowl. I am using Tosh Vintage with Dream State.

Sugar Coat with Robin’s Egg and Midsommar
Aura with Lapis and The Family Jewels
Eleven Dark with Midsommar and Ruination
Translation with Mississippi Marsala
Star Scatter Solid with Ruination
Whiskey Barrel with Robin’s Egg
Scout with Midsommar
Dr Zhivago’s Sky with Verba Volant.

Our box from Hedgehog didn’t arrive today. I just checked and now UPS says Monday. 😢

My shawl still isn’t finished. Hopefully by the weekend. I am ready to start a new project.

No comments: