Sunday, January 10, 2021

Naughty Friends

I didn’t get my shawl finished this weekend. I thought that I knit a lot faster than I really do.

I also came to the realization that I am going to run out of tosh merino light. I could stop but I want to knit all nine Minikins. Minikin #8 is in the picture. There is still one more. I have been tossing around the idea of fringes on each corner. I have some part Minikins leftover - for most of the colours I changed at the start of a section. These plus the tosh merino light should make great tassels.

This is Stephen West’s shawl (photo © Stephen West) and the tassels will add a bit of weight to the corners.

By the beginning of February we should have a new sock collection from Opal - Naughty Friends 2.

Yesterday afternoon there was a delivery to our house. I have been talking about a new mattress for almost two years and it was time. I wasn’t comfortable going to a mattress store before the shut down so I chose a mattress from Endy. The delivery was easy and my mattress was comfortable last night.

The old mattress before it said goodbye. While dad and Beth were changing mattresses, I asked them to move my bed. There was a huge open (useless) space in the middle of my room. 

With the bed moved we could move the comfy chair in. 

Now it’s time for knitting and football. My dad has been a Cleveland Browns fan for at least 60 years so tonight’s game is important. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your shawl. The colors are so beautiful together, and that is not what I was expecting after seeing the minikins in the box. Also love seeing the dogs - they are adorable.