Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Pink Velvet

Mr. FedEx came this afternoon with a box of Noro Akari. All colours are back in stock.

This is Alex's Nightshift and I have added kits to the website.

Photos © Andrea Mowry
This is a newish pattern from Andrea Mowry that I haven't shared. The sweater is called Pink Velvet.
I was traveling to teach when I spotted the yarn for this sweater - the same colorway, but on two very different bases. I was immediately inspired and knew I wanted to put them to use in a beautiful colorwork yoke. The texture of the Melted Suri adds a romantic, vintage feel to this circular yoke pullover. Worked from the top down seamlessly, you can try Pink Velvet on as you go and adjust lengths to suit your personal style! (Just make sure if you are adding length, to purchase extra yarn to accommodate for the extra yardage needed.) 
It is knit with fingering weight yarn. You can use a fingering weight (sock or single) for the body and a mohair/silk (Rowan Kidsilk Haze or Hedgehog Kidsilk Lace) double stranded for the yoke.


Gift Cards are now available online.
The process is a bit clunky - I'm sorry. You purchase the gift card and when the transaction is finished you receive an email with the gift card code. If you are giving it to someone you can forward the email to them. Like I said, it isn't perfect but it works for now.




My garden is flowering. Austin came by to weed today and made the comment 'it's too bad you aren't open right now for everyone to see how great it looks'. I know!

No comments: