Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Oddments

Brian Smith has a new pattern called Oh Purleeze! (pattern purchased on Ravelry)
“Oh Purleeze” uses yarn from your stash. All of those oddments from previous projects that you've never known what to do with! 
Starting with an easy, one colour, flat brioche stitch, then a garter stitch section. Finishing with a garter rib border. 
Be creative, mix up your colours, work colour blocks or stripes. When choosing colours, make sure all of your choices have one colour in common. Mine all had pink in them. This means that they will all go together/blend okay.


Andrea sent me an email yesterday with some very pretty pictures.
Last time Deanna and I were in I bought some Tsubame colour 2 & 10. I was going to crochet something and got into it only to realize I didn’t like it. So I ordered Tsubame colour 11 and started the Shift pattern but instead I’m making a blanket. It looks beautiful, a lot better in person then in the photos.  I decided to use a 4mm (recommended needle size on the yarn label) which I really like, the 5 mm the pattern calls for seemed a bit to loose.  Also instead of casting on the 191 stitches that the end of the pattern say there should be I only cast on 180, the blanket will be wide enough for my purpose (a baby blanket) but when I make the other one I’ll cast on the full 191.   
That is going to be a beautiful blanket!

If you have a parcel for curbside pickup, I'm adding a few more days this week.
Thursday 10:30am-1:30pm
Friday 10:30am-1:30pm
Saturday 11am-1pm

I want to make sure everyone can pick up their Breathe and Hope kit to start on the weekend.

If you purchased a kit, I am emailing out Ravelry download codes. Everyone should have their codes by tomorrow evening.

Today's post is going to be short. I am exhausted. I was here at 8am and packed orders etc until 5:30. I really miss Lynn and Alex. Beth is taking Boscoe for a walk and then it's Survivor time.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Everything is so pretty! Now I'm thinking of those boxes of odds and ends from finished projects that I have in my craft room. Sometimes I use pieces of left overs to make intarsia design hats. I make them up as I go so the amount of each type of yarn I have doesn't matter. I just select colors that go well together, a main color that coordinates, then create. Such fun and great results! You've got me thinking of moving on to a blanket....