Thursday, April 23, 2020

City Limits

Sarah has a new sweater and it looks cozy on this very cold April day. The pattern is called City Limits by Tanis Lavallee. Sarah said it was a fun knit and she couldn't stop.
Sarah used 5 colours of fingering weight for the fade (double stranded) and held them with a strand of Hedgehog Kidsilk Lace. It is gorgeous!!! The mohair gives the sweater a beautiful haze.
City Limits is my perfect sweatshirt style pullover. Written for a versatile worsted weight gauge, what I love about this pattern is that you can really make it your own. My sample was knit holding two strands of fingering weight throughout in 5 different colours to create a marled fade. So much room to customize! My sample features about 5” of positive ease with no waist shaping but instructions for optional waist shaping are provided. A versatile blank canvas sweater pattern - my very favourite kind! 




I will make a few colour suggestions over the next few days.

I spent some time this afternoon making new Breathe and Hope kits.




Don't forget that you have until Sunday to purchase a kit and get the pattern for free. If you purchased a kit I have emailed your Ravelry download code. Please contact me in the morning if you didn't receive the email. There seems to be a lot of emails lost in space right now.

I was in the store late waiting for Ms. DHL and a box from Spincycle.





I didn't take any home but I really could have. I will get pictures tomorrow afternoon and then I can update the website.

A few minutes of knitting and then bed.

2 comments:

kim burton said...

Sarah? I hope she is well.....

Julie said...

Sarah is fine.