Tuesday, April 21, 2020

LYS Day

LYS Day was supposed to be this Saturday but has been postponed until September.
Local Yarn Store Day (LYS Day) is a TNNA program designed to drive traffic to local yarn stores. LYS Day has brought thousands of 'yarnies' from across the US and Canada to go to their local shop to see the exclusive, unique products created specifically for LYS Day. Think of it as a nationwide Yarn Crawl!
Every year Casapinka designs a LYS Day shawl and she decided to release it this weekend.
It is an asymmetric boomerang shawl.  
There is nothing more complicated in the pattern than a "knit one below" or slipped stitch. The yarn does most of the work.

I have been busy making up kits. You can purchase a kit (yarn and Ravelry download code for the pattern) between now and Sunday. You might decide that you would rather pick your own colours. No problem. Pick any two hand dyed fingering weight yarns and request the patten when you place your order.
I was able to make two of some kits but many are one of a kind. I am using hand dyed yarns and these aren't easy to replace. In 'normal' times it can take 6-8 weeks to receive an order. Right now we are looking at 12-16 weeks because many dyers are working with a skeleton staff. Don't wait if you see a colour you like.
We are still waiting on our box from Biches & Buches. It is sitting at the UPS depot in Brantford. Maybe tomorrow. I am tracking another shipment - this one from Spincycle. Dyed in the Wool - YAY!
Deep Bump
Idle Nights
Cataclysm
Komodo

Sadly there wasn't any knitting last night. I am going to move to my knitting chair after dinner and get some rows knit on my shawl. I need to get moving because I want to start Breathe and Hope on the weekend. The colour? I'm still undecided.

No comments: