Wednesday, December 05, 2012

Decorating

I thought that I had a sales rep coming today but that is tomorrow. OOPS. I guess I should put things in my calendar properly.

The store doesn't look very Christmas like so last night Beth wrapped some boxes for me and I raided our Christmas stuff at home. Kim and I are rearranging and making a nice display.

Since taking these pictures Kim has made up some Rowan kits for different scarves as well as moving things around again. Things look a little different now.
This also means moving other things around. To make some room I have put a few yarns on sale. Keep watching the blog because you never know what else we might find that needs a good home.

TWINKLE SOFT CHUNKY

$20 a skein
Regular $35

I used 2 skeins of Soft Chunky and 10mm needles to make this scarf. The pattern is free on the Spud and Chloe blog.

A very popular pattern for Soft Chunky is Marian.
Free pattern on Ravelry for the Marian Cowl
one skein of yarn
15mm, 24cm circular needles

NATURALLY GABBIANO

$7.00 a ball
Regular $12.95

39% Wool, 39% Acrylic, 22% Polyamide
Made in Italy

Size:  50g ball
Length:  approx 40 metres (43 yards)
Tension:  8sts x 13 rows (10x10cm)
Needle Size:  10.00mm / US 15
Garment Care:  30C Hand wash. Dry flat in shade. Do not dry clean

Gabbiano is an exciting super chunky knitting yarn which is super light weight and super soft.  With the added warmth of wool and produced in such a way to make it extra strong, this yarn is soft and very quick to knit.
Two balls of Gabbiano will make the Marian Cowl.

There are many patterns on Ravelry for Super Chunky yarns that will work for both such as

Drop Stitch Cowl



Ms. Canada Post brought in a box of books including The Sock Report.
You can see all the patterns here. There are some very nice ones. Kim has picked out three that she wants to make. I will take a look later this afternoon over a cup of tea.

This picture was just posted on Facebook. My dad is at the airport. They arrive in Atlanta at 6pm and then get on the plane for Toronto at 9:30. Mom and Beth will be at the airport to pick them up at midnight. There is always a large gathering of people to meet the plane so they won't even notice I'm not there. The dogs will be happy to have me at home with them. Actually, there isn't room in the vehicle for me so I will see dad tomorrow.

1 comment:

Linda in Waterloo said...

I laughed. That's a lot of excuses, but yeah...the dogs will owe your Dad.