Friday, December 14, 2012

Provisional Cast On Made Easy

I still haven't found the Catherine Cowl that went missing a few weeks ago. Something else has run away to join her. The original Linen Stitch scarf that Jane knit in Shepherd Sock from Lorna's Laces. There were a few bad words flying around the store when I found out the scarf was missing.

It's a little later in the day and I am no longer upset about the scarf. I have CNN on the TV (I did get the satellite converter working) and am watching about the terrible day in Connecticut. A missing scarf really doesn't matter. My heart goes out to the families and friends who are affected by this. It is unbelievable.

A big chunk of the afternoon was spent putting needles on the wall. Mr. Canpar brought in a huge box of Knitter's Pride needles. I believe we have every size back in stock.

I did it again. There is another mystery KAL starting just after Christmas. This one is from Joji. 


Here is the colour choice that I just made. tosh sock. From the top-heuchera, wicked, night bloom. Something about this combination intrigues me. The purples might be too close which could cause me to rethink my plans. There is two weeks until it starts so I could/will be coming up with more options.

I just read through the information that came from Joji. You will need to use a provisional cast on (only for 3 stitches.) From Lucy Neatby-an easy way to do this


In case the video doesn't work, here is the link. You will never be afraid to do a provisional cast on after seeing this.

It's now 9:30. Beth and I just got home from dinner with my parents and their friends. We had lots of laughs. Mom paid which made dinner even better. Thanks mom. 

3 comments:

Candice said...

When Feats and I plan a road trip to The Needle Emporium I know I'm in for a good day. Thanks for all your attention last Wednesday.
Candice

Julie Ann said...

Great video. Thanks Julie. It makes a little clearer the method I used on Wednesday. Mine was 175 stitches!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe these things are running away from your shop, Julie. That's heartbreaking....I think that original linen stitch scarf was the one I copied I loved it so much.
Trina