Friday, January 15, 2021

Hello Pretties

Mr. UPS came by today with 2 boxes from Madelinetosh.


This is Twist Light and the colour is Mars in Retrograde. Lynn knits a lot of socks and is a huge fan of Twist Light. She said it is one of her favourite sock yarns. There will be more colours coming in about a month.

I was in the store this morning to meet the driver and now I am home updating the website. All the Madelinetosh is online except for a few new colours of tosh merino light that I need to add. 

Dinner is finished, the dishwasher is going and now I can finish my post. 

Spincycle posted on Instagram today that Cheryl Faust is going to have a new pattern soon. I really like Cheryl’s patterns. This is Aves (pattern purchased on Ravelry) Somehow I missed this when Cheryl released it in October.

Photos © Cheryl Faust.
Cheryl used a worsted weight yarn for the body and Dream State for the contrast. In yesterday’s post I paired Tosh Vintage with Dream State - any of the pairings would work great for Aves.
You could also use Cascade 220, Cascade 220 Heathers or Woolstok for the background yarn.


The Aves Shawl is a gorgeous mosaic colorwork triangle shawl.

If you aren’t familiar with Mosaic Knitting, Interweave Knits has a great article about it. The technique might look intimidating but if you can knit stripes then you can do it.

Now onto my shawl. I need to wind another skein of merino light - I’m just a bit short for my shawl. It’s another football weekend so I should will finish it. There are a few sweaters living behind my knitting chair that are close to being finished. I must finish them. Okay. I must finish one and then I can start a new project. 😘

No comments: