Sale Saturday September 14th

Saturday, September 21, 2024

Fine Tweed Haze

Diana was in this morning with Lampas - a new design from Rowan knit out of Fine Tweed Haze. You can purchase the pattern book (City Haze) in the store and on our website or you can purchase the individual pattern on Ravelry.

I didn’t have time for proper outdoor pictures but I wanted the show the cowl. Diana said that the yarn is great to knit with. It doesn’t shed. She put it on over a navy dress and nothing. The yarn is super light weight and feels good against your skin.

There are two colour suggestions
My Sample

A. 005 Lawn - 1 ball 
B. 013 Earth - 1 ball 
C. 014 Haze - 1 ball 
D. 003 Rose - 1 ball


The sample with mauve

A. 010 Blush - 1 ball 
B. 005 Lawn - 1 ball 
C. 002 Deep - 1 ball 
D. 007 Mist - 1 ball

Fine Tweed Haze is a finer version of our cherished Tweed Haze. With a very similar blend – including superfine alpaca and extra fine merino wool – this dreamy yarn boasts the same contemporary tweed look. Its beautiful haze is punctuated with contrasting tweedy flecks making it an interesting choice for single-colour designs, whilst also being perfect for lightweight colourwork - the beautifully balanced palette is ideal for creating compelling Fair Isles.

37% Alpaca, 37% Wool, 13% Polyamide, 9% Cotton, 4% Acrylic

21 stitches and 29 rows = 4” on 4mm needle

215m (235 yards) in a 50gram ball 

These are the six colours that Rowan introduced this fall. We have all the colours available online and in the store.








I wrote early today so that I can knit when I get home. I didn’t get the Snowflower third pattern release finished last night. I went upstairs about 6:30 to do laundry and my bed called me for a 2 hour nap. I should finish it tonight and get back on track. Tomorrow is a day by myself watching football and knitting. My other goal is to finish my Frame Your Face Cowl.

Beth sent this last night from the cottage. She doesn’t have much room in bed. She finally had to kick them all off so she could get in.

No comments: