Sale Saturday September 14th

Friday, September 06, 2024

Opal and Roan

The new Opal sock yarns are on the shelf and they are finally on the website.

Missing Newsletter??

I mentioned that we just sent out a newsletter and a few customers wrote that they weren’t receiving it anymore. When I looked they were unsubscribed. I don’t know why this happened. If you missed our last newsletter here is a link to it. If the emails are no longer coming to you please sign up on the website again.

Sale

Over the next week I’m going to share with you some pattern suggestions for yarns that are going on sale. This might help you to make a shopping list before you come.

Primrose Roan

Custom spun, at a local family owned fiber mill near Primrose Yarns, and dyed in house in Primrose’s studio, ROAN DK is an unprecedented blend of American Superwash Merino (White) and Domestic Non Superwash Merino (Brown/Black).  The precise percentage of the fiber blend creates a yarn with the best qualities and traits of both fiber types, and none of the worst. It will not grow overtime once blocked, it is suitable for next to skin wear, while still offering the grip for colorwork and steeking, it is a plump 3 ply that is excellent for cable knitting, it takes color like a dream, and it is a non pilling yarn with the proper care.  

Custom blended and spun in York, PA.

60% American Superwash Merino

40% Domestic Non Superwash merino

210m/230 yards on a 100gram skein

3ply DK (but knits close to a worsted weight)

The colours are amazing! I have knit with Roan and love the yarn. I just wound a skein to knit up another store sample for Saturday.

Pressed Flowers

Andrea Mowry’s Frame Your Face Cowl (pattern purchased on Ravelry) would be a great project for Roan. You will need 2 skeins of Roan and I’d put 2 skeins of Dream State with it.
Photos © Andrea Mowry
Andrea’s Douglas Cardi (pattern purchased on Ravelry) is another great option for Roan. If you are making sizes 2-8 I think you will need 2 skeins of each colour (there are 5 in the cardigan). I quickly did the math but you should check your size to confirm the numbers.
Now that my skeins are wound I need to cast on.

No comments: