Thursday, November 16, 2023

Talkeetna

Caitlin Hunter (Boyland Knitworks) has a new sweater pattern. You can purchase the pattern for Talkeetna on Ravelry.

Talkeetna (tall-KEET-nah) is a colorwork yoke sweater knit seamlessly from the top down. This size-inclusive design features a striking colorwork yoke design, with colorwork sleeves and unique neck and cuff ribbing details. The relaxed design is versatile and easy to wear, with the sleeve and body lengths adjustable to suit different sizes. Short rows are worked at the back neck for an improved fit. 

I used Biches & Bûches Le Petit Lambswool for my sample. 

This sweater is named for Talkeetna, a charming and unique town located in Dena’ina Ełnena (Dena’ina homeland) in Alaska. The beautiful fall colors of the northern state served as the inspiration for this design.

MC: Grey Brown 
CC1: Dark Green 
CC2: Forest Green 
CC3: Turquoise 
CC4: Yellow Mustard 
CC5: Dark Orange Grey

Finished bust circumference: 34 (38, 42, 46, 50, 54) 58, 62, 66, 70“ {86.5 (96.5, 106.5, 117, 127, 137) 147.5, 157.5, 167.5, 178 cm}

Yardage:
 Please note that yardage is estimated, and can vary between knitters.

MC: 3 (3, 3, 3, 4, 4) {4, 4, 5, 5} skeins

CC1 - CC5: 1 skein for all sizes


I went through our Le Petit Lambswool and we don’t have one of the colours that Caitlin used. 

I put together two different combinations. 
Grey Brown
Dark Green
Turquoise
Very Light Green
Dark Orange Grey 
Yellow Mustard 
Grey Brown
Dark Green Grey
Medium Green Grey
Light Green
Dark Orange Grey
Yellow Mustard

I put the Dark Orange Grey and Yellow Mustard in the wrong order for my pictures but I think you get the idea. Lynn was with me today and we did many chores. By the time I took the pictures I was tired and didn’t pay attention. 😂

Check out the finished sweaters on Ravelry. There are beautiful combinations.
Just before hitting ‘Publish’ I ordered some Thrum Mitt kits from Fleece Artist. These should be here before the end of the month. 

No comments: