Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Sophie

The wind is bitter here today and it got me thinking that I need a scarf. I want a scarf that wraps around and is warm and cozy. I have many shawls but I want a thicker scarf. This is the Sophie Shawl from PetiteKnit (pattern purchased on Ravelry)
The Sophie Shawl is worked back and forth in one piece, from tip to tip in garter stitch with built-in i-cord edges.

The shawl has three sizes. The small size takes 300m of worsted weight yarn. The medium 450m and the large needles 600m. I would suggest Malabrigo Rios (2, 3, 4 skeins). You could also choose from the 12 new Zodiac colours. The colours are amazing and the yarn is very soft.





Casapinka has a new pattern coming out on December 1. You can purchase the pattern for Anova on Ravelry.

You are JUST purchasing the schematic! Use this to plan your wrap/shawl if you like. 

The pattern will drop Dec. 1 - just in time for our NO EB December KAL in the Casapinka group here. No need to sign up, just come and have fun.  

This is marled and requires no knowledge of stranded knitting and is great for beginning knitters! I’ve shown both sides worn as the front and back (I was in CA and ran out of yarn so just used what I could get hold of if you’re wondering about the speckled yarn in the first pic.)

Note that the wrap is written to be 2” shorter (closer to the belt area) than mine since mine stretched more than I thought it would. 

There are two patterns included with this: 1. A Seamed Wrap (shown at left) and 2. A Rectangular shawl. The shawl was not tested but was made available in case you’d rather do that shape. You can use 2 schematics to plan out the shawl version. 

This was designed so you can use scrap yarn, random minis, an Advent, Hannukah, Halloween, Valentine set etc. Here are some things to consider:

The wrap has 29 stripes. Each stripe takes 5g of a fingering weight contrasting color so if you have a standard 20g/80 yard mini-skein, you can get 4 stripes per mini-skein. So, you can use:

A set of 8/10 minis 
A set of 24 and repeat 5 of them 
29 differing scraps etc.

The shawl uses 46 stripes.





The #GivingTuesday draw should happen tomorrow. I’m waiting on one more person to drop off and then we are good to go. The names have been typed in and I will print them tomorrow. The slips will go in a basket and I will ask a customer to draw the tickets. Thank you to everyone who donated. I will have total numbers tomorrow as well.

Now it’s time for The Amazing Race and Survivor.

No comments: