Tuesday, April 18, 2023

New Patterns

If we can get past the weather (we had snow here earlier today) it’s a happy day. Stephen West and Andrea Mowry released patterns today.

Choose five colors to knit this sideways triangle shawl. This wavy shawl pattern features four colors of fingering weight merino wool with one color of lace weight mohair silk. The mohair silk yarn adds a shiny and fluffy accent to the wool colors. Mohair is the spice in the fabric, making it extra soft and drapey. The simple stitch patterns change to keep the knitting interesting and each section features a new striped color combination. You can knit this shawl in any size by simply binding off early for a smaller shawl. Continue knitting more pattern repeats for a larger shawl. I-cord edges frame this classic Westknits shawl shape.

You can purchase the pattern for the Mohair Spice Shawl on Ravelry.

I love incorporating fluffy mohair into my shawl projects. It gives such an elegant and soft drape to the fabric. I assembled ten of my favorite shawls that feature lace weight mohair into an exciting e-book collection, so you can knit your own magical mohair shawls! This 10-piece e-book is a 70 EUR value available for 40 EUR (excl. VAT for EU countries)! Mohair Shawls includes these Westknits patterns…

Mohairino Medley 
Curvette Shawl 
Slippy V Crescent 
Quake Scarf & Shawl 
Brioband Shawl 
Holey Chevrons 
Stripified 
Striped Esjan 
Rain or Shine Shawl 
Mohair Spice Shawl

The ebook can also be purchased on Ravelry. 

Photos © Stephen West






This is The Traveler (pattern purchased on Ravelry). 

I wanted the perfect cropped hoodie to throw on with leggings for when I am traveling and this textured sweater was just the ticket! After knitting one, I knew I would also love it in a crew neck, so I included bonus instructions for both so that no matter your personal taste - you can travel in style! 
This hoodie is knit from the bottom up, seamlessly, except for the underarms. The body is worked in the round until 
the divide for the yoke. The remainder is worked flat, and the shoulders are finished with an exposed seam using the 3 needle bind off. The hood and sleeves are picked up from the body of the sweater.

The sweater is knit in sport weight yarn. A couple of suggestions are Madelinetosh Woolcycle and Juniper Moon Patagonia Organic Merino.

Photos © Andrea Mowry



My Kilim Cowl is growing. I really like how the colours are working. It’s very addictive which isn’t always a good thing because I stay up too late knitting.

I’m very early today. I ran errands this morning and then did a bit of paperwork this afternoon. My HST payment has been made - I’m extra early this month. The Leafs are on tonight so I don’t want to be writing while I’m trying to watch.

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Beautiful projects. I'd certainly make "the Traveler" longer to cover my, um, you know.... ;) The intarsia cowl is gorgeous, too.