Monday, April 17, 2023

What happened to the weather?

We knit ZickZack using one ball of Noro Tsubame. I really like Noro Tsubame. It is soft. It changes colours. It’s beautiful. Unfortunately we are having a hard time getting stock. There are new colours but they aren’t available until the end of May. Existing colours won’t be available until the end of June. I have had some of these colours on back order since August. I made the decision that it’s time to clear the yarn. We can’t wait 10 months to restock yarn. 

The colour of my scarf is one of the colours that is currently out of stock but we have lots of great colours available. 


The pattern is free on Ravelry.


Here are the changes that I made to the pattern.

With 4.5mm needles cast on 72 stitches. You don’t need to change yarn every 2 rows. Continue working until you are almost off yarn. Cast off.

If you want a longer, narrower scarf then cast on 60 stitches




We have a few more store samples knit with Tsubame.

This is Gamut which is knit with 2 balls. Kits are available online or you can choose your own colours.



I was in the store today shipping orders and then packing up yarn for our LYS Day outdoor sale. There are cardboard boxes around the store. I’m trying to make everything look as neat as possible until the 29th. You are all in for a great day. I found Classic Elite yarns including Liberty. There isn’t enough of any one colour for an adult sweater but you could make a blanket (remember my Mitred Square post from a few weeks ago?). I found a few skeins of Rowan Fine Art - a fingering weight yarn. There are bags (sweater quantities) of Sublime Evie. This is an Aran weight cotton with 115m on a ball. Take a look at finished projects on Ravelry. 

What happened to the weather??? I was in a t-shirt yesterday and today I’m in a turtleneck. I worked on my temperature blanket and I knit with purples and pinks. I’m going back to the cold weather teals.

No comments: