Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Getting ready for LYS Day

My friends were waiting for me last night when I went to bed.

Mr. UPS stopped by this morning with a box from Spincycle. We have new colours. I took pictures of Dyed in the Wool - we also received them on Dream State. Above is Big Sky and below is Dream World.

I put together some kits for The Shift. This is #56.
These 2 kits are using three skeins of Big Sky. I went through the bags to find very different skeins. Above is #110 and below is #103.

This is Dream World with Afternoon Delight. I put these together for the Inclinations Cowl.
This is one of my Inclinations Cowls. I used Rosy Maple and Salty Dog. We received skeins of bright Rosy Maple like I used.
I spent a bit of time this morning working on LYS Day. It will be here before we know it. 

We are going to be doing some raffles and selling off certain yarns with all the money going to Ancaster Community Services. It will be cash only for the draw tickets and for the special yarn and books.
This sweater is called Jackie and is from Rowan’s magazine The Alpaca Collection. We have a kit for the sweater (bust size 36-38” with a finished bust of 43.75”) and will be raffling it off on LYS Day. Tickets will be $5. The kit is worth $210.
I found some Silky Alpaca Lace from Classic Elite.

Silky Alpaca Lace is a beautiful blend of fibers, spun into a gossamer yarn that knits into amazing lightweight pieces. 

The alpaca in this yarn provides warmth and a soft halo; The silk adds a subtle sheen to the knitted stitches. Worked in lace with larger needles, Silky Alpaca Lace makes lovely, light-as-air shawls, garments and accessories. 

70% alpaca, 30% silk - 460 yards on a 50 gram ball. 

I don’t remember the exact price but they were in the range of $16 - $20. We are packaging these (because the balls fall apart) and will be selling them for $5 each. The money collected will go directly to Ancaster Community Services.

One ball will make the Bias Before and After Scarf (a Churchmouse pattern).

Classic Elite’s patterns are no longer available but there are many amazing lace weight patterns on Ravelry.

I was asked about LYS Day for those who mail order from us. We will have kits for Casapinka’s LYS Day shawl. What else? I’m not sure. I’m trying to work out the logistics. I know we are going to be busy outside in the morning. I have a feeling the store will be busy when we open at 11. I will work on this over the next few days.

It’s almost dinner time. Hamburgers on the BBQ. What a beautiful day!!!

No comments: