Saturday, November 19, 2022

New Kits

This is the Arabella Cowl knit out of Rowan Alpaca Soft


Rowan has put a kit together for the cowl.

Create this colourful cowl designed by Lisa Richardson in our much-loved Alpaca Classic yarn. Simple stitches are used throughout including slip-stitch colour work to create blocks of colour. 

The kit includes 6 balls of Alpaca Classic, the pattern, a pair of Rowan Birchwood knitting needles and a Soak wash care sachet to ensure the best of care for your treasured hand knit. The pattern is fully translated in English, German, French, Spanish and Italian.

If you don’t want to use Rowan’s colours you can purchase the pattern on Ravelry and create your own.

This is the Anne Wrap from Rowan. You need one Shade Pack and 5mm needles. The pattern is free when you purchase the Shade Pack - please add in the notes on your order that you are making the Anne Wrap.






My Elf is growing. I started on double pointed needles and after the base I switched to circular. The pattern doesn’t say this but it is much easier going around and around on circular needles.
Later in the day. How tall is it? There is an extra large cup from Tim Hortons inside to hold it up.
The picture above was taken at 5:20 and the picture below at 7:20.
As I’m finishing my post at 8:00 the snow has stopped. 

I’m at the shoulder shaping on my elf and then short rows for the face. I’m setting him aside for the evening and working on my Trinigan. We had a great day in the store. It was really busy which I like but I’ll be ready for bed soon.

No comments: