Wednesday, November 02, 2022

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Surprise!! 52 Weeks of Socks is being reprinted and we will have copies in December.

52 Weeks of Socks is the first hardcover book by Laine Publishing. This publication contains 52 knitting patterns by 46 designers and is a true encyclopedia of socks. Patterns are beautifully photographed and laid out on 256 pages in the style Laine is known and loved for.

The book contains patterns from the following designers: Heidi Alander, Fiona Alice, Gina Baglia, Ainur Berkimbayeva, Katrine Birkenwasser, Karen Borrel, Sachiko Burgin, Diana Clinch, Verena Cohrs, Valentina Consalvi, Rachel Coopey, Nele Druyts, Marion Em, Lindsey Fowler, Fabienne Gassmann, Lucinda Guy, Dawn Henderson, Anja Heumann, Tiina Huhtaniemi, Caitlin Hunter, Mieka John, Amanda Jones, Joséphine & the seeds, Pauliina Karru, Isabell Kraemer, Tatiana Kulikova, Joji Locatelli, Erika López, Andrea Mowry, Paula Pereira, Rosa Pomar, Elena Potemkina, Amelia Putri, Emily Joy Rickard, Mona Schmidt, Nataliya Sinelshchikova, Marceline Smith, Minna Sorvala, Helen Stewart, Charlotte Stone, Becky Sørensen, Niina Tanskanen, Natalia Vasilieva, Kristine Vejar, Kajsa Vuorela and Mariya Zyaparova.

On Sunday night I started contemplating getting away for a few days. On Monday I booked a trip to Vegas. I am leaving on Saturday morning and coming home on Tuesday. Beth and a special guest will be working on Saturday.
Lynn will be back for the day.

Yesterday I had planned appointments and they were good timing. I had my hair cut and I had a pedicure. Before, in between and after the appointments I was in the store. I started moving things around and making sure price signs are on everything for Beth and Lynn.

The next problem is my knitting. I am going carry on only. No checked bag. I don’t think I can deal with that horror of them losing my bag again right now.
I can’t take a big project so I am going to start a Pressed Flowers. Trine (13°) for the background and Rios (Cloud Sunshine) for the flowers. I think I should only take one of each because there isn’t knitting time in Vegas but then there is the dilemma about running short so I’ll probably take 2 balls of each.
My yarn is wound and I will cast on during Survivor.

No comments: