Friday, November 04, 2022

Crystal Fantasy

Joji has a new pattern called Crystal Fantasy.

I designed a shawl with a geometric, almost crystal like shape, with diamonds and ridges, to capture this effect. 

This wrap is worked from both ends towards the middle, so for most of it you will have to work 2 identical pieces, until you join everything together at the centre. 
It uses two types of yarn: a single ply merino and a fuzzy blend of alpaca and silk in the same colorway.

I would suggest Hedgehog Skinny Singles with Hedgehog Alpaca Boucle or Hedgehog Kidsilk Lace. You can also use 2 single ply yarns if you don’t want the fluff. Here is a link to all our fingering weight yarn - there is a lot to choose from.

You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

Photos © Joji Locatelli






Packing has been fun. I am that person who has 3 different set of clothes for each day. Just in case. What if it’s warm? Cold? Raining? What if I spill on myself? What if I don’t feel like wearing that? There are usually 3-4 pairs of shoes as well. Packing to carry on is hard!! To make my anxiety a bit worse, Air Canada sent an email saying that they are expecting long delays for security and customs in the morning. We’ll be leaving here at 5:00. YUCK!

My fall planter is looking good. I like how the white flowers are turning pink. More pink came out during the day.
Beth’s supplies to make signs in the morning.

Have a great weekend. I will post as much as I can while I’m away. 

No comments: