Sunday, March 08, 2020

Practice makes perfect

What a gorgeous day. The ice cream truck came through our neighbourhood. The kids were running from every direction.
I tidied the sewing room and then cut some fabric. It was scrap fabric to make trial squares.
Like I said - scrap fabric. I picked 4 very different colours so I could see how the pattern works. I learned a few things and am glad that I played before cutting good fabric. Now I need to decide if I'm going to use Kaffe Fassett or Tula Pink. I have quite a collection of both. Some people collect yarn, I collect fabric.

You'll notice that there is only 3 squares. In the first picture you can see cut fabric on the left side of the table. That was the first square. I sewed the first two pieces wrong. Like I said, it's a good thing I practiced.

That was enough quilting for today. We're getting dinner ready and after dinner I will sit and knit.

Lucy's spot is perfect for chewing on a bone. 


1 comment:

QuilterMary said...

Lucy? Poor Bosco - 2nd child syndrome!