Friday, March 27, 2020

Nurtured

Sarah finished another sweater.
Contemplating that I don't get them all perfect ๐Ÿ˜‚. Love this #nurturedsweater pattern and am going to have to knit it again. I really wanted to use this yarn (Cilantro by Nashua-discounted-destash) but would have preferred a larger size. It was weird the tension came out fine but the yarn is so "spongy" that it bizarrely sucks to your body like an alien being ๐Ÿ‘ฝHard to explain! Anyways, I'll still wear it! 
Are you following Sarah on Instagram? She shows great pictures of her knitting, sewing, cats and travels.

This is an Andrea Mowry pattern called Nurtured. From Andrea
I wanted a cropped sweater with lots of texture that I could throw on over my favorite dresses and tunics or paired with high waisted jeans and skirts! This honeycomb pattern is easy to memorize and rhythmic to knit. This sweater is knit from the bottom up, mostly in the round, with the only seaming being a few stitches at the underarms.


I looked at some of the projects on Ravelry and here are some yarn suggestions
Malabrigo Rios
Cascade 220 and Cascade 220 Heathers
Blue Sky Woolstok
Tosh Vintage will work as well. There is a shipment coming in a week or so. All 'out of stock' colours are in the shipment.

Today I put together some tosh merino light combinations for Fading Point.




This is our store sample knit in a Party Pack from SweetGeorgia.
This is the Fading Point that I knit with Hedgehog Sock.
Beth decided to bake cupcakes yesterday afternoon. Dad came for dinner and after we ate Beth was going to ice the cupcakes. Dad decided that he wanted in on the fun. We've created a monster. There are going to be more cupcakes baked this week.




Something to look forward to. Mark the date - we are planning great things for LYS Day. There will be special LYS Day patterns. Yarn dyers are dying special LYS Day colours. Pop up shops are planned. One is already scheduled with a Canadian bag maker and I'm planning more.

I'm ready to cast off my Throwback. Yarn and scissors should meet tomorrow.

No comments: