Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Lesson Learned

photos ©Stephen West
I was looking at Instagram this morning and Stephen West posted a picture of his new shawl. It looks amazing in the purples and blues.

You can purchase the pattern for Fantastitch on Ravelry.
Fantastitch is a semi-circular shawl packed with textured stripes and slipped stitches. The graphic details and clean lines of the shawl beautifully showcase hand dyed colorways. The pattern is written for seven colors, but you can customize the stripes however you like by adding extra color pops. I recommend including light, medium, and dark tones to accentuate the graphic quality of the shawl. Fantastitch would make an amazing stash buster! 
I will admit that I am bad when looking at projects on Ravelry - if I don't like the colour of the sample I might not look at the pattern. It has nothing to do with the model. It has nothing to do with the scenery. Just the colour of the garment.
This is the picture that shows up for Fantastitch. I didn't look at the pattern. I'm not a fan of yellow so I overlooked this pattern. Then I saw the purple/blue version today. It's a great looking shawl. Lesson learned. Don't let the colour throw you off.

Ms. UPS brought in a big box this morning full of Malabrigo Rios. We have 6 new colours.

Lynn and Alex were busy rearranging this afternoon. They moved some yarn around and made sure that all the colours were on the shelf. Neither one would look at me.

Boscoe passed his course last night. He scored 76 out of 80. Classes start again next week. 

It's a big TV night so I'm writing early. I better get a skein of yarn wound when I get home so I'm ready. Beth won't stop if I run out. 

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I loved the purple shawl! The other color I did not like.