Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Party Pack


Diana finished an amazing shawl for the store. This is Joji's Fading Point knit in a Party Pack from SweetGeorgia yarns.

I have knit Fading Point and I love this pattern!! It is so much fun to knit and it's a great shawl to wear.

Last year I designed a pattern called Starting Point, and it was a Mystery KAL. I loved that pattern so much, and it was truly nerve-wracking to present it as a mystery. Would people like a big rectangle wrap as much as I did? 
Fortunately, I think many did! Which encouraged me to keep exploring that construction, and it also gave me the confidence to design more maxi-scarves or wraps. And when La Bien Aimée created these colors for me to design with, all I could picture was this wrap. I just knew it. The moment I saw it, I knew what it had to become! 
Fading Point is constructed from both ends towards the centre, and then both pieces are connected with triangles to achieve a seamless rectangle. 
The pattern is completely different than its predecesor: It has sections where you blend 2 colors together and then sections with lace. The instructions are WRITTEN AND CHARTED.
Our sample is the Tanzanite colourway. I would love to see it made in Jellybean. And Gemstone. Okay, it would look great in any of the colour combinations.

Are you following Andrea Mowry on Instagram? She has a new sweater coming tomorrow. It uses Dream State for the colourwork and I think that Highland will work for the body. I sent an order in last week for Highland and we should see it next week. There will be out of stock colours and some new colours.

Now a few rows of knitting before bed. I want to get to work early tomorrow morning to meet Mr. Canada Post. The Atenti Bags are scheduled to be delivered.



No comments: