Monday, August 05, 2019

Happy Monday

Dad and I went to my happy place today. Terra. The Hydrangeas are for our house garden. The other flowers are for the store. We planted Dahlias in the island at the store and they were finally ready to bloom. Any day. And then we had visitors. Deer came and took them all out. Most bulbs and all. We're going to add a bit of colour for the rest of the summer.

I totally forgot about Ambah O'Briens #knitAugust. This is from Ravelry.
Welcome to my fourth year of Knit August.  
Every day in August I feature a pattern from my pattern catalog, the featured pattern of the day will have a 50% automatic discount (no codes needed). There’ll also be two brand new releases, so stay tuned for those extra special specials!  
There are a few ways to keep track of the daily featured pattern; follow this thread in my Ravelry group, follow me on Instagram or join my Facebook group.  
Each day I’ll share the newly featured pattern - it is always a surprise - I often don’t know until the day which will be next featured pattern!  
To allow for international timezones each Knit August day will last for 48 hours.
Day 6 of #KnitAugust - enjoy 50% off Bambara Wrap for the next 48 hours, no code needed
I have knit this pattern (purchased on Ravelry) and love it. Diana also knit one as a store sample. The pattern is well written and fun to knit. I will definitely make it again!
Bambara wrap was inspired by a walk in my local bush. The greens of the landscape were translated perfectly into yarn by Primrose Yarn Co, who dyed the amazing colours based on my forest walk inspiration.  
Bambara is a generously-sized wrap, knit on the bias with simple shaping and alternating sections of lace and garter. The colours and patterns weave together like the layers of a melody, calling to mind the iconic sound of The Cure’s A Forest. It’s the perfect opportunity to play with colour – use a 3-skein gradient with a coordinating contrast colour, mix speckles and solids in 4 different colours for a fun, bold look, or keep it subtle with neutral solids.

Guthrie is growing. There are instructions for a cropped version and then standard length. I've made it to the length of the cropped version but I'm not a cropped sweater kind of girl so I'm continuing on for a few more inches. The Jays are playing and I should get a few more rows done before bed.

I totally forgot some pictures.


1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Such lovely flowers, but your pup is definitely the star of your post. ;)