Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Donegal

We had another visit from the Big Brown Truck today. Yarn from Meadowcroft Dyeworks. We have new colours of Donegal Cottage Tweed DK. This yarn is perfect for a Hipster.
We have new colours of Donegal Cottage Tweed Sock as well.

In yesterday's boxes from Sirdar we had another brand new yarn. Meet Jewelspun.
Sirdar Jewelspun Yarn gives stunning colour variegation. Inspired by intense jewel-like colours, the aran yarn gives you the look of hand-spun yarn, with complementary shades running throughout.  
Jewelspun is 100% acrylic, and is lightweight and easy to care for. The colourful yarn is machine washable and makes for a practical choice.
This is a 200gram ball with 500m on it. It is an aran weight which means it knits to a tension of 18 sts = 4" on 5mm needles.

There are great ladies patterns for this yarn (that we have in stock) but I was thinking about this yarn for little ones.





I have four rows to knit and the I-Cord bind off to do and then I can say that my Nightshift is done. Big Brother is on soon and I should be finished before bed so that my blocking angel can take it home from work tomorrow.
I'm trying to get our Knitters' Fair booth planned. Every time I think I have the perfect set up something else pops into my mind. In the past I would make sketches on paper. By the time the show came I had a huge pile of paper. Now I use my iPad and can erase and start again. I'm going to sign off and erase to start again. I had a bit of an 'aha' moment in the store today.

No comments: