Monday, July 29, 2019

Mode at Rowan

Follow Mode at Rowan on Instagram
MODE brings quality and timeless design to the forefront and provides you with stylish hand knitwear through this season and beyond.



Lisa Hoffman will be the guest speaker at this years Knitters' Fair.
Lisa Hoffman, knitwear designer and knitting teacher, lives in New York City with her husband, Andrew. She has three grown children living near and far. Her recent book Faerie Knitting, co-authored with her cousin novelist Alice Hoffman, has been #1 on Amazon.com for knitting. The book launched with a multi-city tour during which they enjoying meeting knitters, writers, readers, and fans of both knitting and fairy tales. Lisa Hoffman's designs have been published in Vogue Knitting, Interweave Knits and Knitwear Magazines. She has designed projects for companies such as Artyarns, Be Sweet, Blue Sky Alpaca, Long Island Livestock, String, Tahki Stacy Charles and Vijay Fibers. She has projects published in books including Alice Hoffman's Survival Lessons, Vogue Knitting: Mittens and Gloves, Iris Schreier's One + One series, and 60 Quick Baby Blankets, among others. She has original patterns for sale on her Ravelry.com site Lisa Hoffman Knitting. She is currently the manager of String, a yarn shop is New York City, and teaches private and group knitting classes.
Lisa will also be teaching a workshop on Sunday afternoon. You can find more information about the Knitters' Fair on the K-W Knitters' Guild website.

I had my alarm set for 6am this morning because I needed to go and have blood work done. Nothing serious. My iron is low so we're watching it. The doctor wanted to check a few other things so I needed to fast. I wanted to be a the lab at 7am when they opened. I didn't make it until 7:15 and sat for over an hour. Thankfully I packed knitting. 

Today's Public Service Announcement - do not knit while you are tired. I was working away on the Perfect Blend MKAL after dinner and messed something up on a section of garter stitch. Oh my goodness. Garter stitch. My stitch count is off. I have no clue what I did. I don't know when the last time I counted my stitches because the last section worked out perfectly. 😢😢I put it back in my bag and will look at it tomorrow. Surprisingly I didn't say any bad words. I think it's bed time.

No comments: