Friday, July 05, 2019

Cottage

Lynn brought her Log Cabin squares in today. She is making the afghan for the cottage so it needed to be a cottage shot. Pine cones scream cottage to me.  Lynn's favourite colour is blue so she gravitates to blue shades of Kureyon. It's not a criticism - you know I have a purple problem. I am talking her into some squares with different colours.

When I get to work in the morning I walk the property and look at my gardens. The deer are back and ate the flowers (two different stems) off my hosta. It takes so long for them to flower and there are a limited number of flowers so it really upsets me when they are gone.
I know that we are supposed to love everyone but I didn't love the deer this morning. I have a feeling that I won't love them when I get home from Vegas - I am afraid that all my blooms will be gone. The Day Lilies are about to bloom and my friends love those as well.😢

Now I need to pack my suitcase. I am telling myself that I can buy whatever I need in Vegas so don't pack too much but I'm not listening.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Beth! Hope you both have a great time in Vegas.

Anonymous said...

Deer repellent works reasonably well --some better than others.