Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Aquaforce

I've been working away on my Log Cabin squares. Six are finished and I like how the colours look different in each one. When all my squares are finished we will lay them out to make sure that squares sitting beside each other have different centres. I don't want all purple centres together and then all green centres together.

Mr. FedEx brought in a box this morning with four brand new colours of Ito.


Brian Smith has another new pattern out. I am not sure if Brian sleeps. Meet Aquaforce.
Techniques and stitches used 
Mitred squares 
Eyelets 
Picking up stitches 
Garter stitch 
Stocking stitch
This generously sized shawl starts with mitered squares, then stitches are picked up to work sideways on both sides, making a large triangle shape.
Yarn used 
Hedgehog fibres skinny singles 2 skeins shade Deep end (A) 
Hedgehog fibres twist sock 1 skein shade Magpie (B) 
Amounts used 
(A) 195 grams 
(B) 42 grams


Speaking of not sleeping - this week is the British Open from Northern Ireland. I will be up early Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday to watch. We have looked at the Thursday tee times and it looks like 4am will be when my alarm goes off. It comes on TV at 1:30 but that is way too early.

No comments: