Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Mini Skeins

The new kits from SweetGeorgia have arrived. There are 6 mini skeins in each.
These were dyed for the Perfect Blend KAL. You need two kits for the KAL - choosing is going to be hard.

Brian Smith has a new pattern out. Meet Willkara. The colours are gorgeous - I see a lot of Hedgehog in the shawl.
This pattern is basically a template for a wrap using fingering weight yarn. Garter stitch blocks, mixed with garter stitch short rows create a curved wrap that sits beautifully around the shoulders, or hangs in front with generous drape. Stitches are picked up around both inner and outer arc’s to work a skinny garter border. Search your stash for all of your fingering weight oddments and cast on creating your own garment. Sample shown used greens, pinks and gold’s.




We've been working on the website today. There is a new category at the top of the website - SALE.
These are odd balls, discontinued yarns or yarns that we have decided to clear to make room for new yarn.

I also spent time doing my next order for Spincycle. They open the website for ordering for one week. This way Spincycle can consolidate every one's orders and it helps to speed up the process to get us yarn. In the past they would make my Melancholia and then they would clean all their machines to make my Salty Dog. Now they are making every one's Melancholia at once. When all the orders are close to being dyed they open ordering again for a week. Our last order was March 1 and we should see the rest of that order at the end of July. It's hard because we need to forward order and guess as to what everyone will want. For instance, there is a new colour of Dyed in the Wool being introduced. We ordered it sight unseen but I'm okay with that - we all know it will be great.

This is Ghost Ranch. Another new colour for fall that is on my order.

In yesterday's post I mentioned that I would talk about a new yarn. We are still working out the shipping logistics so I'm going to wait until that gets worked out.
This scarf is called Channeling JJ. It is a free pattern from Manos del Uruguay. It isn't available online yet - we have permission to give you the pattern when you purchase the yarn (Manos of course) to make the scarf.

The scarf above uses one Fino Mini Skein kit with a full skein of Fino.

The scarf below uses two Mini Skein kits (Tabitha and Clarissa).
If you are thinking about making this scarf - take a look at our newsletter that went out yesterday. There is a deal on Manos mini skein kits.

Now it's time for The Amazing Race. I haven't really knit since I've been home. I think I'm going to pull out my Noro Ito Log Cabin Afghan Square.

No comments: