Saturday, June 01, 2019

I Love Tweed

We have new Progress Keepers from Twill & Print.

I'm really excited about the new yarns coming from Meadowcroft Dyeworks later in June. I have always had a love for tweed. 

They sent us a newsletter this morning and in it is a picture of Dave's currently project. (Meadowcroft Dyeworks is a father/son team who dye beautiful colours of yarn).
I started this sweater last weekend. This is using our Donegal Cottage Tweeds DK. The pattern is Duxbury Point Pullover by Beatrice Smith 
I so love the feel of this yarn.
Donegal Cottage Tweeds
Available in 18 colors, this yarn is every bit as soft as our Rockshelter line of yarns, and the tweedy bits have no different feel than the wool with which they've been spun. It's available in 2 weights: DK weight and fingering weight 
I ordered all 18 colours of fingering weight and 6 colours of DK weight.


465 Nightshade is a tonal in muted deep purples of red grape and night sky. 

 
460 Sea Campion is variegated in shades of mauve with dusty rose and moonlight highlights. 

We planted more flowers today. Lots of perennials. We put annuals in the island last summer and a few this summer but we decided that perennials are a lot easier. These are spring bulbs and I hope they will come up this summer. My Oma is looking down from heaven and is happy to see that we are following in her footsteps. She loved to garden.
We put them in on a perfect day. We've had a nice gentle rain for the past few hours. Grow Flowers Grow.

There hasn't been much knitting the last few days but that is going to change tonight. The hockey game is on. Tomorrow afternoon I will spread my shawl out on two circular needles and get some pictures. There are so many stitches on the needle right now that it is impossible to see the pattern.

No comments: