Thursday, June 20, 2019

Lynn has been busy

She's knitting Ranunculus (pattern purchased on Ravelry) in Noro Kumo. The body is almost finished and she just started the second skein.
The pullover is worked seamlessly from the top down. 
It is a surprisingly quick project at a very loose gauge with big size needles. The combination of thin yarn and big needle gives light, transparent and airy texture to this pullover.
It looks awesome and fits her perfectly. The pattern asks for a different yarn but Lynn did some swatching and looked at projects on Ravelry to determine the needle size and which size to make. When she is finished I will post her notes.
You can knit long or short sleeves. Lynn is still debating.
I made it safely to Cleveland but it was a long day. A short wait at the border, rain all the way, dense fog for 40 miles and lots of trucks. I made it in time to change and then head to my Rowan meeting. I'm back in the room for a few minutes and then heading to Sample It. Suppliers set up tables showcasing a new product for fall. We can purchase a kit and then have a sample finished for fall. Then it's time for dinner and bed. I might do something that I very rarely do - order room service.

I knit throughout the meeting this afternoon. I'm using Rowan Big Wool, double stranded. Yup, 4 balls almost finished in 4 hours.

2 comments:

Trina said...

Wow...Lynn's Ranunculus looks fab.

Anonymous said...

I love Lynn's sweater and it looks so nice on her. Lynn always looks so happy and pleasant that she makes whatever she is modeling look good. I'm sure that she gets knitters more interested in yarns and patterns than those "plastic looking" models that some companies use, ie. Rowan.