Friday, May 10, 2019

Rowan Trunk Show

We have beautiful garments from the spring Rowan magazines hanging in the store. These will be on display until May 24. Don't miss out on the chance to see how different Rowan yarns look knit up


I spent a lot of time on the phone this morning/afternoon and was having a bit of a crappy day (more on that later in the post). Then I received an very happy email. I talked about our KAL yesterday and today I can announce that we will be using patterns from Joji Locatelli. Joji is one of my favourite designers and has a pattern for everyone. We ask that you pick a sweater, cardigan or shawl for your KAL pattern. You can find all her patterns here.

I will be making Slow Curves.
You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.
Slow Curves is a crescent shawl design that alternates wedges of solid colors with wedges of ‘faded’ or mixed yarns. With the use of short rows, these sections create curves that move like a pendulum. On one side of the shawl you will see 4 definite solid sections and on the other side you will see them all blended together.  
The result is this beautiful, big, optically intriguing shawl.
I haven't picked colours yet because I am waiting to see what is on the way to us. There will beautiful colours coming from Uschitita and Hedgehog (the new colours should be here sometime next week).
All photos of Joji's garments are ©Joji Locatelli.
Elton has been a popular cardigan on Ravelry.
Elton is a basic cardigan with a mix of stripes and texture. It has a relaxed boxy fit and it is slightly cropped. It’s the perfect garment for lounging and relaxing. It’s worked seamlessly from the top down.



I want to give a big shout out to UPS. They have done it again and misplaced my parcel. I spent 30 minutes on hold waiting for a supervisor and the agent hung up on me. Then I spent another hour on hold waiting for a supervisor. UPS is still showing that the parcel is scheduled for delivery today but no one knows where my parcel is. I have the phone number to the depot in Brantford and they don't have my parcel so they can't deliver it. Apparently it is at the airport but they don't know where. They are going to sort parcels again at 4:30 today. Too late to make it on a truck. I've heard "sorry" so many times today but it didn't get our yarn here. I know that it isn't the end of the world. It is only yarn but now it won't come until Tuesday. I can't photograph it until next Saturday. It could have been on the website and you could have ordered it.
This screen shot was taken at 5:35 this afternoon. Dear UPS. I don't think it's coming today.

It's now 9:40 and UPS still says it is being delivered today. I guess Lynn will be unpacking it on Tuesday.

Friday nights is pizza night at our house. Beth buys ready made shells from Fortinos and then we add grilled onions, sun dried tomatoes, tomatoes, green peppers, bacon, pizza sauce and cheese. Yummy. Dad's job is to chop vegetables. After dinner we play a dice game. It is pretty cut throat and it is for money. No one pockets the money though. It is used to purchase food for Ancaster Community Services. Really it's for bragging rights. Unfortunately Beth has been winning lately. She can be insufferable😘

1 comment:

Kim Burton said...

Beth! Your post mirrors our UPS experience exactly- apologies! apologies! apologies! One difference though- they promised to rectify things by delivering promptly @ 0830 hrs the following morning. Guess what? Didn't happen. I share your pain. Better luck with Purolator...


Best regards,
Kim