Sunday, May 19, 2019

Log Cabin Afghan

There was a bit of knitting today.
My contrast colour is Hedgehog Merino DK in the colour concrete - it is the grey. I wound all three balls and ordered them from lightest to darkest. Because the skeins are hand dyed they are all a bit different. I used one skein to the armhole - perfect. I'm onto the second skein. I am going to use about 2/3 of the skein for the body. The other 1/3 will be for the sleeves. That way the sleeves will fade darker like the body.
We have three brand new colours of Noro Kureyon. Kureyon is not on the website yet but I will be doing it this week. This makes me want to knit more squares for my Log Cabin Afghan. I know that you might have seen these pictures before but they are so beautiful so I'm going to share again.
This is Cathy's Log Cabin Afghan. She took these amazing photos at their cottage.

You can find the pattern for the Log Cabin Afghan on Ravelry. There are many different patterns but this is the one that we have used.
It is a great pattern for travelling. Or sitting at the soccer field or baseball diamond. Each square is one ball of Kureyon. After making the first square you will have the pattern memorized. All you need to know is cast on, knit, cast off and picking up stitches. A beginner can easily do this project.
Joining the squares is very easy. No sewing - they are joined with a three needle bind off.
The pattern calls for 20 squares but Cathy did 25. I will be making 25 for mine as well - I like the size of Cathy's.

Beth finished the planters at our house. Tomorrow dad and I are going to brave Terra to buy flowers for the store.



No comments: