Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Nightshift Two

I started another Nightshift last night and can't stop. I stayed up way too late last night knitting. I am using Noro Ito again - #6 and #8. It is much brighter than my first one.

I knit Time Trades in the fall and enjoyed the pattern. When the LITLG arrived earlier this week I put together a new combination for it.
Time Trades Wrap, an elegant shawl combining simple lace stitches with gorgeous hand-dyed gradient colors.

The mini skeins are a Fino Mini Skein kit - Henrietta
The full skeins are LITLG Singles - Evergreen and Lightbeam.

You start with the mini skeins and have two sections of each colour. Then the lighter yarn (Lightbeam) becomes the main colour and the darker yarn (Evergreen) becomes the stripes. The scarf is really fun to knit. It could be my next project - I love this combination.

We hung pictures last night. 
This is the picture that I bought at One of a Kind. These are plum trees in Niagara on the Lake. It adds some colour to my bathroom.
My dad's Uncle Bert loves to paint. He has been asking Beth and I to come over and pick out pictures for our house. We went through many, many paintings and I picked this one for my bedroom.
Lucy didn't want to come all the way upstairs. By lying on the landing she knew that dad couldn't leave without her. Either our landing is really small or that dog is really big.

My dad loves handknit socks. And I don't knit socks so Jane knits him a pair every Christmas. He got this year's pair a bit early. Did I mention that he loves handknit socks? He said that if he had a few more pairs then he would be really happy 😉

I must go to bed. No more knitting!!! I really want to keep going but then I won't be able to work tomorrow. And it's a big day - an order is coming from madelinetosh.

3 comments:

Julie Ann said...

That is a really big dog but she is so cute!

Annie said...

Ooh so many things to knit with so many pretty yarns. Love your new artwork, your uncle is very talented. Can you mention the name of the yarn for your dads socks please and thanks.

Julie said...

Hi Annie
Jane knit the socks for my dad and used a Regia fingering weight. We are out of this colour but have other colours in the store that will make this pattern.