Saturday, December 29, 2018

New Pattern Coming

I put together a few colours combinations of GarnStories for Ambah O'Brien's Bambara Wrap (pattern purchased on Ravelry).

Charade is across the top and will be the POP colour.
Kimono, Paisley, Driftwood
Bossanova is across the top and will be the POP colour.
Mikado, Punk, Funky Bizz.

With the blacks and greys you could do any POP colour. GarnStories is the same base as Hedgehog Skinny Singles, Life in the Long Grass Singles, Long Dog Singles and Uschitita. You can mix companies to get more colour options.
Bambara wrap was inspired by a walk in my local bush. The greens of the landscape were translated perfectly into yarn by Primrose Yarn Co, who dyed the amazing colours based on my forest walk inspiration.  
Bambara is a generously-sized wrap, knit on the bias with simple shaping and alternating sections of lace and garter. The colours and patterns weave together like the layers of a melody, calling to mind the iconic sound of The Cure’s A Forest. It’s the perfect opportunity to play with colour – use a 3-skein gradient with a coordinating contrast colour, mix speckles and solids in 4 different colours for a fun, bold look, or keep it subtle with neutral solids.
This is the Bambara Wrap that I knit. I highly recommend the pattern. It was a fun knit. The repeat was easy to memorize and you change colours often enough that you aren't bored with each colour.
©Andrea Mowry
Andrea Mowry has a new sweater pattern coming out the first week of January. It is knit in Dyed in the Wool from Spincycle. The main colour is Deep Bump and we have lots on the way to us. I don't know what the contrast colours are but I am sure that we will be able to put together beautiful combinations.

Pick Your Poison would also make a great main colour.

While eating dinner my dad looked at me and told me that I looked tired. I guess that means that I should head to bed soon. I picked up my needles and knit a few rows on Chevron Shenanigans. I couldn't concentrate. I guess that means that I should head to bed soon. The Leafs are losing bad and the college football game just started and it is already over. It's bed time.

No comments: