Wednesday, December 05, 2018

Casting Off

I made it to 185 stitches - a few rows short of the 191 that the pattern calls for. The cast off has begun.
I weighed my balls before I started and will weigh them when done to know just how much the cast off takes.

Before cast off
#4 - 12 grams
#12 - 13 grams

Andrea Mowry has a new shawl pattern that came out today. (Pictures of the shawl are ©Andrea Mowry)
Garter and brioche will always be my go-to ingredients for creating my favorite shawls to knit and wear! This shawl works up gorgeously in either Sport or DK weight yarn and using 3 to 4 colors for a deliciously squishy shawl to wrap up in! I always chat with my brioche students about how, as tactile knitters, we love to squish things! Nothing is more plump for squishing and wrapping up in then brioche and garter! 
Meet Plumpy (pattern purchased on Ravelry)



Alex played with tosh dk and came up with a few combinations.

Nightbloom
Berlin
Star Scatter
Simply Greige
Clematis
Danger Will Robinson
Conference Call
Poe
Mockingjay
Killing Me Softly
Save the date. We hope to see you there.


My shawl is finished. I weighed the yarn and here is what was left
#4 - 9 grams
#12 - 10 grams

If you are knitting the shawl I suggest making sure you have 4 grams of each colour for the I-Cord bind off.

I'll get pictures tomorrow and then it will be blocked. I can't wait to see it after it has relaxed in Soak.

No comments: