Saturday, November 17, 2018

New Display

Customers are asking for quick to knit gifts. One suggestion is the Darn Knit Kinetic Cowl (pattern free on Ravelry). I've knit the cowl three times. It's super easy and very fast. For all three I used 10mm, 60m needles.

For this version I used Uneek Chunky. You need two skeins.
The Uneek yarn collection is composed of rich vibrant colours with an earthy feel, and exceptional softness in every skein! 100% Extrafine Merino
I used Gaia from Rosairios for this one. The yarn is a blend - 75% wool and 25% acrylic. I wanted to see how the yarn looks knit up and I like it. You can easily make the cowl in two evenings. The pattern asks for 80-100 yards. I used two balls of Gaia which gives me 140 yards. $30 for the cowl - it's a great price for a Christmas gift. 
For this version I used one skein of Malabrigo Caracol. We still have a few skeins left and it is 30% off.

When I started pulling out the cowls it inspired me to change a display at the front door.


Beth is starting a new puzzle tonight. I was a nice sister and helped turn over the pieces. Beth hates that job. I must say that I'm not fond of it either.

The VW van is a story from our past. Growing up the Chewters lived down the street. They had a VW van and Beth (around 4 years old) bugged my dad every day that we needed one too. Dad told Beth that if it was that great then she should go live with the Chewters. Beth packed a suitcase (full of teddy bears) and dragged it down the street. Mom called Mrs Chewter that Beth was on the way. Beth stayed for a few days (coming home to see mom for lunch) and Cindy Chewter moved to our house. Mrs. Chewter passed the day before my mom and Beth talked about the VW van at Mrs. Chewter's memorial service. We still joke about the van every time we see one on the road.
Our baby girl is coming home tomorrow. I guess I should be excited that we will see dad as well.😀

No comments: