Monday, November 05, 2018

What is it?

The Om Shawl is an interesting pattern from Andrea Mowry.
The Om Shawl can be worn in a myriad of ways to mirror all of the different facets of your personality, the changing seasons, and the different parts of your day! Drape it around your back and over your arms as a cozy stole, button up the top sides and pull it over your head as a poncho, button half of the side buttons and wrap it twice around your neck like a cowl letting the corners drape down like a triangle shawl. Lay it over your lap for some extra warmth on a cool morning as you sip tea. Button all of the side buttons and use it as a nursing cowl. The options are endless!
You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry and we have copies in the store.

Photos ©Andrea Mowry
There are so many ways to wear this that I'm not sure what to call it. Andrea says shawl but it's also a poncho and a stole.


There are over 1100 Om Shawl projects on Ravelry. I've made the search smaller and here is a link to all the Oms knit with Woolstok from Blue Sky Fibers. The yarn is perfect for the shawl.

They are here! I'm working on getting them on the website.

Beth is off to Vancouver tomorrow for a conference so I am on Roko duty. I will need to spend a bit of time at home with him every day so I'll be in and out of the store. Lynn, Cathy and Alex will be there to look after you.

Her conference is interesting. It is on Passive Housing.
A rigorous, voluntary standard for energy efficiency in a building, which reduces the building's ecological footprint. It results in ultra-low energy buildings that require little energy for space heating or cooling.
You can read more here. Our construction company just completed a building for Indwell and another building has started.

I was up early this morning. Really early so I wrote my post before heading to the store. I didn't publish it in case I had news to add. Unfortunately I don't. I will tomorrow. It's almost bed time because Beth's flight is very early. Thankfully she's flying out of Hamilton. We can get there in under 15 minutes.

No comments: