Wednesday, November 07, 2018

I froze!

We received two new colours of Arranmore Light yesterday that would look amazing in the Library Vest.


We also received new colours of Zauberball Crazy and Zauberball Starke 6.
Zauberball® has been kicked up a notch, as two strands of the main ply have been dyed individually and then twisted together for a crazy combination! The end result is a self-striping multi-colored pattern, with a bold variegated design!
The same unique color combinations as Zauberball® Crazy in a DK weight to give sweaters, shawls, and scarves a truly creative flair.
Beth used two colours of Crazy to make an easy to knit scarf. We have kits in the store.
She remade the scarf with Starke 6.

Cathy and Lynn spent the day yesterday tidying up the Cascade 220 and Cascade 220 Heathers.
We have 8 new colours of Cascade 220.
The classic Cascade 220® is the perfect combination of affordability, quality and versatility that can be used for a wide range of projects. Each hank of this worsted weight 100% pure wool comes with a generous 220 yards. With a nearly unlimited color palette to choose from, you are sure to find the perfect color(s) for your next project! 
DETAILS
  • 100% Peruvian Highland Wool
  • Weight: 100 g / 3.5 oz
  • Approx. Yardage: 220 yds / 200 m
  • Knitting Needle Size: US 7 - 8 / 4.5 - 5.0 mm
  • Knitting Gauge: 18 - 20 = 4" (10 cm)
There are two new colours of Cascade 220 Heathers.
Cascade 220 would be perfect for Christmas Stockings. This pattern is from Churchmouse Yarns. You can purchase it in the store or on Ravelry.
In three sizes: Wee, Medium and Jolly Big. And in any length you like. Use these simple shapes and add your own personal touches. We've given you a few ideas to get you started, but the possibilities are limitless. They're sure to prompt a hearty "Ho! Ho! Ho!" from St. Nick. 

I'm at home with Roko waiting for a call from Cathy and Lynn that UPS has arrived. I've been working on the website and have tried to remain patient.
Roko is not worried about the shipment. I wish I was as calm as he is.
I've been watching NCIS: New Orleans while working.

At 3:30 I still hadn't heard from Cathy and Lynn that the Spincycle order had arrived. I headed back to the store. UPS came at 4 but the Spincycle wasn't on his truck. It was on a different one. I called UPS and they guaranteed we'd see the box by 5. Nope. I called again and then Mr. UPS came at 5:30. It was the same driver. He did have my box but didn't look for it. I think that my blood pressure might have been a bit higher than it should have been.

We stayed til 6 to unpack the boxes and pull customers orders. When I got home I updated the website.
These are Dream State.
I'll get pictures of Dyed in the Wool tomorrow. There are so many amazing colours. Now I might need to make The Shift. Cathy had hers on when she left the store. Or a smarter idea might be to have Alex make it for me. It'll be quicker that way.

Then my day got better. I locked the store and started to walk to my car. If you've been to the store you know it isn't far. There was a skunk staring at me. Yup. You read that correctly. I had no clue what to do. I froze. It froze. Then it turned and waddled away. Oh my goodness.

What a long post. That is what happens when I spend too much time at home during the day. I didn't want to sit and knit - I'd feel guilty doing that so I wrote. And wrote.

No comments: