Friday, November 02, 2018

Blossoms

I received an email from Frabjous Fibers this morning introducing something new. It didn't take long for me to place my order. These will be shipped to us on December 3 and we should see them later that week.
Floral-inspired, gradient balls of JOY! These Blossoms are a smooth, soft blend of 80% superwash merino and 20% nylon. Watch the colors shift as you work through your next fingering weight shawl, socks, accessories, or even double or triple up to make a lightweight garment! 
There are 388m/425 yards of yarn in each ball.
We will be receiving 4 balls of each colour. The balls will retail for $51 each.
It's nice to see bright colours on another cold, dreary, rainy day.

I came to work yesterday morning and it was very cold. The batteries had died in my thermostat. Of course I needed two and only had one. I added the one I had but it wasn't the best solution. I can make it work if I press on the thermostat. I can't stand all day and do it so I tried taping it tightly to the wall. That kind of worked. The store heated up yesterday. I came in this morning and it was freezing. Same problem. I monkeyed around and it is working now. I hope I remember batteries in the morning and that solves my problem. It's a good thing there is a lot of warm garments here to put on.

Have you checked your inbox this week? I sent out a newsletter on Wednesday morning. If you haven't seen it, you can read it here.
Wrist Rulers are now available on the website. These are what are currently in stock with more colours and sizes coming next week.

I allowed myself some time to knit in the store today. Normally there is work to do but I looked the other way😀 You can't see it in the picture (I'll take some more tomorrow if the sun comes out) but my second colour does have the pink of the first colour.

I have a few more rows in me and then it's time for bed. We didn't get a lot of sleep at my house last night. Our sump pump was acting up. We had to keep checking and just after midnight it decided to behave properly. It's working okay now but we're having a repair man come and look at it on Monday. It's not something we want to mess around with. It has to work or we will have a very large mess in the basement.

No comments: