Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pom Poms

There is a new Classic Elite Web-Letter today.
From the designer, Meg
As a knitter who is perpetually cold this time of year, I find myself wearing cowls when I'm outdoors, at work and even while relaxing at home in the evenings. With such constant use, I like my cowls to look good from all angles.
With this in mind, I designed this cowl in a reversible lace pattern that looks beautiful on both sides. A simple eyelet and garter stitch pattern keeps the edges from curling. My cowl is knit in colorful Chateau, but it would also be beautiful in undyed Chalet.
Download the pattern...
I'm going to cast this on tonight. It might be time to move away from the 15mm needles. Chateau is so soft that it will be a dream to work with.

There is quite a colour range to pick from...

And no, I didn't pick purple. This is colour 1420 - Turquoise.


Cathy has been busy making hats. The yarn is Loyal Pattern Prints DK from Naturally. 100% wool that is self-patterning. These hats are for little ones-2 and 4. The hat took just under a ball but you will need another ball if you want a nice big pom pom. The free pattern is from Ravelry - The Child's Self Striping Hat.

She was worried about making pom poms so I gave her a set of pom pom makers. We sell these in the store. 4 sizes in the package for $15. Cathy swears by them. She is having so much fun making pom poms that now she's making them and adding them to her Christmas wrapping.

I'm watching the finale of Big Break Myrtle Beach, finishing my blog post and working on the new cowl. 5mm needles are small!

No comments: