Sunday, December 28, 2014

Color Play Mohair Wrap

I've been working like crazy today to get the shawl finished. And I finally did it.
Pattern: Color Play Mohair Wrap from Churchmouse Yarns (we have the pattern in the store)
Yarn: Rowan Kidsilk Haze Stripe - I used colours 364, 365, 366, 367

From Churchmouse Yarns
With their featherweight warmth and glowing colors, we think Rowan Kidsilk Haze and Kidsilk Haze Stripe are perfect yarns for this project, an easy-to-knit, easy-to-wear piece that's bang on trend. 
Notice that color blocks, or sections, are not equal in size. This is by design, so that the finished piece can be worn with colors falling where they may. Embrace the fact that each time you make this project, you will end up with a unique scarf or wrap! 
The yarn is held double strand on 4.5mm needles.

I keep saying that this is addictive and some of you are starting to believe me. :) This is my fifth wrap. I love watching how the colours mix together. As you are knitting you want to do 'just one more row' to see what is going to come next.
We could all knit the shawl using the same 4 colours and they would all look different. It will depend on the order that you do the colours in. Also, not every ball starts with the same colour. Let's say that the ball is purple, green and blue. My ball might start at purple. Someone elses could start with green and another knitters might start part way through the blue.

Since I finished a project, I get to start something new. We are leaving for TNNA in a week and a half. I need something new to wear. I'm thinking a summer weight infinity scarf. We'll see what I come up with tomorrow.

No comments: