Thursday, December 18, 2014

Baby Alpaca and Bamboo - YUMMY

I started Flor de Maio - a cowl from Classic Elite's latest Web-Letter.

Chateau is great to work with. Baby Alpaca mixed with Bamboo. It feels yummy on your hands.

The first 7 rows are simple. Knit or purl with one row of *K2tog, yo* across the row.

I'm on the 5th row of the main pattern. You need to know knit, purl, yarn over, knit 2 together and an ssk (a decrease that isn't hard). The pattern is a multiple of 10 stitches. If you haven't knit a lot of lace then you can put stitch markers between each pattern repeat. If you get to the marker and you aren't doing the stitch that you are supposed to then you know that there is a mistake in the last 10 stitches. You won't get to the end of the row and then need to start ripping out 100 stitches.

My latest Checkerboard Cowl goes perfectly with Lynn's new winter coat. This is Rasta in Porrinho. Currently my 15mm needles are empty and my knitting bag is Rasta free. That might change tomorrow - there are still a few colours that I haven't worked with.

Here is Beth's cowl on a mannequin, not thrown on the floor like the other day. She kept complaining about the colours while making the cowl. She said that there wasn't enough contrast but once finished I think it looks great. I might keep it :)

We found out today that our house is going to be delayed by a month. We aren't upset about this. We'd rather they take their time and do the job properly rather than rush and do a shoddy job. The basement is being poured this week and there is an inspection. If the electrical is good then they can start on the walls.

The Taste is almost over and then it's time for Top Chef. I think that it's time to stop for the day and wind down before bed.

No comments: