Wednesday, September 16, 2026

Rowan Magazine 80

Rowan Magazine 80 celebrates this landmark issue with Bon Anniversaire, a collection of sophisticated yet wearable garments, with a hint of winter florals. The story celebrates the heritage of Rowan design and the versatility of the Autumn Winter yarns. A few favourites from the Rowan archive, from designers past and present, also make an appearance to help celebrate this important edition.

The books are available in the store and online.

I had all the garment pictures uploaded to my post when I decided that I was going to talk about the new colours of Alpaca Sparkle. I’ve had one heck of a migraine today so there was no way I could rearrange the pictures. Instead I will mention which garments are made with Alpaca Sparkle and keep reading to see the new colours.

The Lavande Vest is knit with 4 - 9 balls depending on your size.

Here is a link to all the patterns from Rowan Magazine 80 on Ravelry. They are not available to purchase individually (only in the magazine) but you can use this to see how many balls you need of a yarn.

Blythe (7 - 14 balls)






Joelle Waistcoat (4 - 11 balls)



















Perle Sweater (12 - 24 balls)

We have brand new colours of Rowan Alpaca Sparkle

Alpaca Sparkle blends alpaca, wool and cotton with a hint of sparkle. The complementary coloured sequins ensure that just the right amount of subtle sparkle is achieved when they gently catch the light. A beautiful yarn which delivers warmth, softness and a touch of luxe.




There are more Rowan magazines and patterns to share. Keep visiting this week to see what else is new.