Thursday, August 27, 2026

Hello from San Juan

I’m sitting on my balcony to have a bit of rest and to write. It’s been a busy few days. 

Tuesday we were in St. Kitts. The tour was the scenic railway. Not quite the train I took in the spring. We had a one hour van ride to get to the train and our van didn’t have air conditioning. Not great in the Caribbean in August. We made it okay but I opted for the bottom floor of the train that did have air conditioning. Also, the stairs to upstairs were super narrow, super steep and winding. It wasn’t the place to fall on the stairs.

What we saw was beautiful.


Yesterday we were in St. Martin. 




We were docked in San Juan this morning at 7:30. I didn’t have anything planned except walking to Starbucks to get a mug. Beth and I have tried on previous trips and they were sold out. I went early (8am) because it was going to be really hot today. I was back at the ship by 8:30 without a mug. Sold out again. Beth couldn’t believe I made it that fast because it’s a walk up hill. After St. John’s this was barely going uphill. Then I had a nap, swam and read. We’re just pulling out now.
I don’t go to a lot of shows but Ronn Lucas was performing on the ship last night. He is a comedian and ventriloquist. He headlined in Vegas for years and has performed for presidents and the Queen. Beth saw him last fall on a cruise. They fly him to an island to meet the ship and then spends 3 or 4 days on board performing.
I haven’t laughed this hard in a very long time. If you ever have a chance to see him don’t miss out. I might go again tonight if I can stay up for the late show.
He pulls someone out of the crowd and dressed him up. I had an elderly, very prim and proper lady sitting beside me. She was laughing just as hard as I was. We both had tears.

There hasn’t been much knitting. 
Reason 1: I’m almost at the armhole and I’m afraid that I might get the measurement wrong. I should have measured a sweater at home before coming. Tomorrow is a sea day and I’m going to bite the bullet and divide
Reason 2: I’m enjoying my book. I don’t read as fast as Beth (she did 3 books on her 4 day cruise) but I hope to get one finished before I get home.
Reason 3: I’m enjoying the relaxation and doing nothing. 

Happy Thursday. Thankfully all elevators have the day of the week because you lose track of time.