Monday, August 17, 2026

Botanic Scarfle

Stephen West has a new pattern.

You can purchase the pattern for the Botanic Scarflet on Ravelry.

This beginner friendly small shawl begins at the wingtip with an I cord Tab Cast On. Increases along one edge gradually shape the fabric as you work stripes and slip stitches. Only one color is worked at a time as you stripe each color for two rows each. Once you reach the center mid-point of the shawl, decreases shape the triangle toward the other wingtip. This shawl shape is very relaxing to knit and easy to customize by simply knitting more repeats for a longer size or work fewer pattern repeats for a shorter length. Color changing yarns like Schoppel Wolle Zauberball Crazy create the beautiful shifting tones in the garter ridges.

I have knit the Botanic Shawl and would highly recommend the pattern. 

Photos © Stephen West



I have a few more rows and then my back section is finished. I said I was taking it away with me and Beth asked if I was nuts. It’s going to take up so much room. Yup. I’m nuts and it’s coming. I hope to put a dent in the knitting. I’m also taking my Shift in Torzal for when I want something small that fits in my purse.

I was in the store today sending out boxes - there are going to be happy yarn people this week. All orders placed by Thursday at noon will ship before I go. 

It might be time to take another look at the website. In the stop right hand corner it says August Sale. These yarns, needles and accessories will be on sale while I’m away. All orders placed will be shipped when I get home.