Wednesday, August 05, 2026

Box Chicken

Today’s newest kit on the website is Andrea Mowry’s Weekender sweater knit in Spincycle Trine. Trine is discontinued and the kits are on sale for a great price.
I ‘borrowed’ a few pictures from Spincycle to show the Weekender knit in Trine.
This drop shoulder sweater is my most favorite addition to my handmade wardrobe! When Brooklyn Tweed came out with their line of marls for Shelter, I knew I needed a marled sweater. I combined my favorite attributes - texture, faux seams, drop shoulder, and some positive ease to create this versatile, flattering sweater! No matter your body type, it is perfect for wearing to the office or out on your weekend hike in the woods. I’ve already knit a second version, leaving off the sleeves so I can wear it in warmer weather or layered over a long sleeve tee!
You can purchase the pattern for the Weekender on Ravelry.

If you are thinking about purchasing the pattern read back a few days. Andrea is having a pattern sale until tomorrow (August 6th).


Here is a link to the Weekender knit in Trine on Ravelry

Most knitters have played yarn chicken at some time during their knitting career. Are you going to have enough yarn to finish your project?

For the past month I’ve been playing box chicken. Would I have the right size box to ship out orders? It came to a head on Monday and I finally had to order boxes. Whitebird delivered a full skid - I forgot to take a picture and I’ve already unloaded half the boxes into the shed. Now I have the correct size to ship.

I was nicely lying in bed last night when Beth started screaming for me. She came up to bed and her glass shower had shattered sometime between 6:30 and bedtime. I grabbed Fred and dragged him to my room and Beth slept in the guest room. She came home from work this morning to clean it up. I read online that a temperature change can cause this. Our air conditioner wasn’t working upstairs since Sunday so it was hot up there. It was fixed yesterday and I guess it got cool quickly and the glass didn’t like it. 
Now a bit of knitting. I’ll share pictures of my shift tomorrow when I get a bit more finished. Torzal is beautiful to knit with.